WHMCS 8.5 is now available in general availability with new features.
What’s new in the recently launched WHMCS 8.5?
- SSO in Client Area Home Page: Clients now can use single-in to access their active service packages such as Plesk hosting and cPanel access directly from the WHMCS client area.
- Cross-Selling Advantage in Shopping Cart: Setting up additional product lists with recommendations will be displayed when customers add a product to their cart for checkout.
- Metric billing system in Plesk: Bills for resource usage, including things like email addresses, bandwidth, and disk space.
- MarketConnect cPanel SEO: An SEO product not only help customers for ranking their websites in search engines like Google and Bing but also helps to gain a reputation and authority in search engines, which creates more chances to become successful.
- System Settings improvement: Now all the categories and sorting preferences improve the responsive behavior in all areas for user stability and performance and accuracy.
- Multi-year SSL orders and validation from DigiCert: WHMCS is now offering more than two or three-year SSL certifications from RapidSSL, DigiCert and GeoTrust through MarketConnect with automatic reissuance and reinstallation throughout the package subscription period.
How to get up to date in WHMCS ?
There have two ways to keep yourself up to date in WordPress. One is official or automatic and the second way is manual which will be difficult for some of the users.
The first way, You can update to the latest version of WHMCS using the Automatic Updater. Simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS to begin the update process.
The second way, You can update to the latest version manually or you can roll out too from one version to another but try it at your own risk cause it may conflict some options and features. You should just download the WHMCS latest version from WHMCS official website and then install it.